PADI WRECK DIVER SPECIALTY
Ships, airplanes and even cars, whether purpose-sunk as an artificial reef for scuba divers, or lost as the result of an accident, wrecks are fascinating windows to the past.
The Wreck Diver Specialty is a training developed during 3 days of diving, while exploring the best dives site of the Yucatan peninsula. Is a course that offers, during 4 specialty dives, rewarding adventures while observing responsible wreck diving practices.
If you’re at least 15 years old and have earned a PADI Adventure Diver or higher, you can enroll in the Wreck Diver Specialty course.
What will you learn?
There are many different types of wrecks, some of which are protected by laws that guard their historical and cultural significance. In this course you’ll learn the rules for researching and respecting wrecks:
• Safety considerations for navigating and exploring wrecks.
• Surveying and mapping a wreck.
• Using penetration lines and reels to guide exploration.
• Techniques to avoid kicking up silt or disturbing the wreck and its inhabitants.
You’ll take the PADI Wreck Diver Manual to prepare the knowledge reviews and the day before starting the dives you’ll meet your Instructor for a lesson by which discuss the knowledge reviews and to plan the 4 wrecks you’ll visit during your open water scuba dives.
Mama Viña wreck, C-56 Juan Escutia, C-53 Felipe Xicotencatl en Cozumel are pieces of history of this peninsula.
• Full scuba equipment (BCD, regulator, dive computer, wet suit, fins, mask, weights, tanks) plus a dive light to see into the wreck, a slate and underwater compass for mapping and navigation, Wreck Diver Specialty manual and certification
• Transportation from Scuba Libre dive centre to Puerto Morelos round trip
• Water and a snack on board
Transfer from/to the hotel
Day 2: 8.00/12.00 – 2 boat dives at Playa del Carmen – Mama Viña Wreck/Barracuda reef.
Day 3: 7.00/13.00 – 2 dives in Puerto Morelos (car/boat) in the C-56 Mine Sweeper Juan Escutia Wreck.
Day 4: 8.30/13.30 – 2 boat dives at Cozumel National Park – Wall dive/C-53 Wreck
PADI Adventure Diver or higher.
**** IMPORTANT ****
If you’re staying at Sandos Caracol or Playacar, you must pay a fee of 12 usd per exit concept of direct transportation from the hotel.
This fee need to be paid before boarding.