WHALE SHARK SNORKELING (SEASONAL – JUNE / SEPTEMBER) CHILD
The whale shark (Rhincodon typus) is a slow-moving filter-feeding carpet shark and the largest known extant fish species and inhabits all tropical and warm-temperate seas.
The Whale Shark migrates each year between June and September; is completely harmless to humans, it is actually a very docile and curious creature.
Come explore the incredible world of Whale Shark and enjoy the experience of a lifetime with Whale Shark Discovery. The Whale Shark conveys peace and tranquility; swimming along this gentle giant of the sea in Mexico is an experience to remember and share again and again.
The snorkeling tour will start at early morning, with a breakfast and briefing. Then we set off in the boat to search for the Whale Shark and mantas (about 50 min), once we reach the feeding area we will spend approximately 3 hours swimming in groups of 2 people accompanied by certified guide all the times. The tour, which may involve dolphins and Mantas sightseeing, will continue with a lunch at Isla Mujeres where you will have the chance of another snorkeling session right next to the lunch location. After a short navigation back to Cancun the guests will be back around 16.00 p.m. at the hotel.
- 6.30 – Pick up from your hotel in Playa Del Carmen (7.30 Cancun, 5.45 Tulum)
- 7.45 – Arrival at our meeting point at the boat peer in Cancun
- 8.00 – Light breakfast buffet at the peer in Cancun
- 8.15 – Departure from Cancun meeting-point Punta Sam harbor, our Certified Bilingual Guides will give you a safety briefing before we board our speedboats.
- 9.00 – We arrive in the whale shark watching area and we gear up to begin snorkeling. Two guests will swim with the Whale Sharks at a time, and they will be accompanied by a guide at all times.
- We take turns and you can swim as many times as you want. We stay approximately 3 hours in the whale shark swimming area.
- 12.00 – We leave the Whale Shark watching area on our speedboats to go to Isla Mujeres.
- 13.00 – Caribbean Lunch at “Playa Norte”, with Shrimp Ceviche, totopos, guacamole, fruits, beer and soft drinks in Playa Norte, Isla Mujeres (vegetarian food available on request)
- 14.30 – Return to Cancun to take your included transportation back to your hotel or lodging.
- Round trip Ground and Sea transportation from Cancun, Playa del Carmen or Tulum (air conditioned) Pickup and dropoff at your hotel or lodging is included in the tour’s price.
- Light breakfast in Cancun
- Bottled water, soft drinks (Alcohol is no longer permitted on the boats)
- Lunch with Shrimp ceviche, totopos, guacamole and fruits (If you are vegetarian, please let us know when you make your reservation)
- Full snorkeling gear
- Seasickness prevention
- Experienced, bilingual guides
- Snorkeling on Isla Mujeres coral reef
- Dock and marine park fee of 5 USD TO BRING CASH PER PERSON
- Pictures and HD video collection of the day
- Whale shark swimmer t-shirt
179 USD CHILD UNDER 12