Side Mount diving is the approach towards conducting dives with 2 or more primary cylinders secured at the side of the body and in line with the torso – with no cylinders on the diver’s back.
PADI Cavern Diver Specialty
- Person Ages 18+
Live the best experience of your life
- Caverns exist in many areas where scuba divers venture; the Yucatan peninsula is one of the best places in the world that offer unique dives and beautiful landscapes.
- The PADI Cavern Diver Specialty course gives you the knowledge and skills to explore caverns correctly – allowing you to enter far enough for adventure, but staying within the light zone for an easy exit to open water.
- You need to be PADI Advanced Open Water Diver who is at least 18 years old to enroll in the Cavern Diver course.
- 2 days/4 dives – You’ll complete four scuba dives with the first focused on line handling, reel use and emergency procedures outside a cavern; and the next three dives put your new skills to use inside a cavern.
- You’ll also learn about: other specialized equipment for cavern diving, such as lights and redundant breathing systems; avoiding disorientation and anti-silting techniques; dive planning, including depth and distance limits and air management for cavern diving.
- BACK MOUNT – Basic scuba equipment (BCD, reg, wet suit, mask and fins), a primary dive light and a smaller backup light, plus a line and reel
Note: If you’re staying at Sandos Caracol or Playacar, you must pay a fee of 40 usd concept of boarding fee and transportation.
NOTA: The duration of the course (2 days) can vary in the eventuality the student needs extra time to fulfill the certification standards; in this case an extra cost will be applied.
- 18 years old
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver
- Meeting time at Scuba Libre shop locate on the 4th street between the 5th avenue and the beach at 8.00
- NOTE: for the guest staying at the Sandos Caracol or Playacar the meeting time will be at 8.00 at the Scuba Libre dive center of the respective hotel
- Cavern digital manual
- 4 dives
- Primary dive light
- Reels and lines
- Cenotes fee entrance
- Transportation from the dive shop to the cenote round trip
- Soft lunch
- Soft drinks and water
- Transfer from/to the hotel
- Basic dive equipment
- If you’re staying at Sandos Caracol or Playacar, you must pay a fee of 40 usd concept of boarding fee and transportation
- NOTE: The duration of the course (2 days) can vary in the eventuality the student needs extra time to fulfill the certification standards; in this case an extra cost will be applied