Side Mount diving is the approach towards conducting dives with 2 or more primary cylinders secured at the side of the body and in line with the torso – with no cylinders on the diver’s back.
PADI Deep Diver Specialty
- Person Ages 15+
Learn new skills to manage the depth!
- If you are an Advanced diver already but still want to reach depths beyond 30 mt, then enroll the DEEP DIVER specialty course.
- When you dive below 18 metres/60 feet, there are special safety considerations. If you’re ready to expand your boundaries, our instructor will help you gain the skills and confidence to explore to a maximum depth of 40 metres/130 feet.
- The Deep Diver Specialty is a training developed during 4 mornings of diving in which you’ll do 8 dives: 4 deep dives (1 per day) to meet the certification requirements and another 4 pleasure dives that will help you increase your confidence in the water.
- We’ll send you the digital material in advance, so you’ll be able to prepare the theory at your own pace. Once here you’ll be ready to start the practice.
- You’ll learn how to:
- Plan deep dives
- Manage your gas supply
- Identify and manage Nitrogen narcosis
- Plan the buddy contact procedures
- Do the safety considerations and buoyancy control at depth
- Recognize you personal limits
- You’ll practice descents, buoyancy and safety stops. Through hands-on exercises, you’ll discover how deep dives affect color, physical objects and your brain.
Note: If you’re staying at Sandos Caracol or Playacar, you must pay a fee of 80 usd concept of boarding fee and transportation.
- 15 years old
- PADI Adventure Diver or higher
Meeting time at Scuba Libre shop at 8.00 locate on the 4th street between the 5th avenue and the beach.
NOTE: for the guest staying at the Sandos Caracol or Playacar the meeting time will be at 8.00 at Scuba libre dive center of the respective hotel
- PADI Deep diver digital manual
- 8 dives
- Full scuba equipment (BCD, regulator, dive computer, wet suit, fins, mask, weights, tanks)
- Transfer from/to the hotel
- If you’re staying at Sandos Caracol or Playacar, you must pay a fee of 80 usd concept of boarding fee and transportation