If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience an underwater adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts.
PADI Drift Diver Specialty
- Person Ages 12+
Fly with the current
- Many of the worldwide diving destinations are famous for their currents. Always performed with the support of a diving boat, the drift dives allow divers to cover long distances underwater, possibly seeing more habitats and formations than usual.
- The PADI Drift Diver Specialty course teaches you how to enjoy going with the flow as you scuba dive down rivers and use ocean currents to glide along. It feels like flying – except that you’re underwater using scuba equipment. Drift diving can be relaxing and exhilarating at the same time. If this sound like fun, then the Drift Diver course is for you.
- If you’re a PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver who is at least 12 years old, you can enroll in the Drift Diver specialty course.
- You’ll take the Drift Diver Manual to prepare the knowledge reviews and the afternoon before starting the dives you’ll meet your Instructor for a lesson by which discuss the knowledge reviews and to plan the 2 dives of the course.
- What will you learn?
- Along with drift diving techniques and procedures, you’ll:
• Receive an introduction to drift diving equipment – floats, lines and reels
• Get an overview of aquatic currents – causes and effects
• Practice with buoyancy control, navigation and communication during two drift dives
• Learn techniques for staying close to a buddy or together as a group as you float with the current
Note: If you’re staying at Sandos Caracol or Playacar, you must pay a fee of 15 usd per exit concept of boarding fee and transportation.
- 12 years old
- PADI Junior Open Water Diver or qualifying certification from another training organization
Meeting time at Scuba Libre shop at 8.00 locate on the 4th street between the 5th avenue and the beach.
NOTE: for the guest staying at the Sandos Caracol or Playacar the meeting time will be at 8.00 at Scuba libre dive center of the respective hotel
- PADI Drift Diver manual and certification
- Full scuba equipment (BCD, regulator, dive computer, wet suit, fins, mask, weights, tanks)
- Water and a snack onboard
- Transfer from/to the hotel
- Note: If you’re staying at Sandos Caracol or Playacar, you must pay a fee of 15 usd per exit concept of boarding fee and transportation