Side Mount diving is the approach towards conducting dives with 2 or more primary cylinders secured at the side of the body and in line with the torso – with no cylinders on the diver’s back.
PADI Wreck Diver Specialty
- Person Ages 15+
Discover new sunken adventures!
Ships, airplanes and even cars, whether purpose-sunk as an artificial reef for scuba divers, or lost as the result of an accident, wrecks are fascinating windows to the past.
The Wreck Diver Specialty is a training developed during 4 days of diving, while exploring the best dives site of the Yucatan peninsula. Is a course that offers, during 4 specialty dives, rewarding adventures while observing responsible wreck diving practices.
If you’re at least 15 years old and have earned a PADI Adventure Diver or higher, you can enroll in the Wreck Diver Specialty course.
There are many different types of wrecks, some of which are protected by laws that guard their historical and cultural significance.
In this course you’ll learn the rules for researching and respecting wrecks:
• Safety considerations for navigating and exploring wrecks.
• Surveying and mapping a wreck.
• Using penetration lines and reels to guide exploration.
• Techniques to avoid kicking up silt or disturbing the wreck and its inhabitants.
You’ll receive the PADI Wreck Diver Manual to prepare the knowledge reviews at your own pace and, once here, you’ll need 4 days for diving and master the technics to be able to explore the world’s wrecks in safety.
Mama Viña wreck, C-56 Juan Escutia, C-53 Felipe Xicotencatl en Cozumel are pieces of history of this peninsula.
Note: If you’re staying at Sandos Caracol or Playacar, you must pay a fee of 80 usd concept of boarding fee and transportation.
- 15 years old
- PADI Adventure Diver or higher
Meeting time at Scuba Libre shop at 8.00 locate on the 4th street between the 5th avenue and the beach.
NOTE: for the guest staying at the Sandos Caracol or Playacar the meeting time will be at 8.00 at Scuba libre dive center of the respective hotel
- PADI Wreck diver digital manual
- 8 dives
- Full scuba equipment (BCD, regulator, dive computer, wet suit, fins, mask, weights, tanks)
- A dive light to see into the wreck, a slate and underwater compass for mapping and navigation, Wreck Diver Specialty manual and certification, transportation from Scuba Libre dive centre to Puerto Morelos round trip, water and a snack on board
- Transfer from/to the hotel
- If you’re staying at Sandos Caracol or Playacar, you must pay a fee of 80 usd concept of boarding fee and transportation