This tour will let you extend the drift dive as much as possible over the notorious local reef like Barracuda, Sabalos, Tortugas, Punta Venado and the Mama Viña wreck on the southern part; like Los Arcos, Cerebros, Pared Verte, Moch che deep and shallow, Jardines and Chun-zumbul located on the northern part.
Dive in Cozumel
- Situated in front of Playa del Carmen, Cozumel is a teardrop shaped island boasting beautiful dives on drop-offs and shallow colorful reefs along the 2nd largest barrier reef in the world. Called Ah-Cuzamil Peten (land of the swallows) by its earliest inhabitants, Cozumel has been a favorite destination for divers since 1961, when Jacques Yves Cousteau’s documentary broadcast Cozumel’s amazing sea life to the world.
- A National Park characterized by a vertical drop off that that boasts large sponges and many different types of coral and crystal clear waters.
- Keep a keen eye out into the deep blue, to spot large pelagic fish and sometimes sharks patrolling the area.
- Along the reef, apart from the amazing coral, you will see lobsters, large crabs, groupers, giant moray eels, turtles and much more.
- Scuba Libre is one of few companies in Playa that arranges this express service.
- This is the exclusive option to visit the beautiful reefs of Cozumel crossing from Playa del Carmen straight to the dive sites.
- The boat ride among the bluest waters takes about 45 minutes (depending on weather conditions) to gets you right on the first dive with your dive gear already set up … ready to DIVE!!!
- After the first dive on the beautiful wall of Santa Rosa, Palancar or Colombian Reef, a snack and short navigation will bring us on the second dive site in which will drift along the shallow coral reef.
- Due to Cozumel’s currents and depth this dive is recommended for experienced divers.
NOTE: If you’re staying at Sandos Caracol or Sandos Playacar, you must pay a fee of 350 per exit for boarding fee and transportation.
- 12 years old
- PADI Junior Open Water Diver or qualifying certification from another training organization
Meeting time at Scuba Libre shop locate on the 4th street between the 5th avenue and the beach at 8.00
NOTE: for the guest staying at the Sandos Caracol or Playacar the meeting time will be at 8.00 at Scuba libre dive center of the respective hotel
- Boat ride direct from Playa del Carmen to Cozumel
- 2 tanks
- Entrance fee to the national park
- Drinks, fruits and snacks
- Diving equipment
- Transfer from and to the hotel
- If you’re staying at Sandos Caracol or Sandos Playacar, you must pay a fee of 350 pesos per exit concept of boarding fee and transportation