If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience an underwater adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts.
Diving Cenote The Pit and Dos Ojos
- Person Ages 15+
Live the best adventure of your life!
- The PIT CENOTE is a giant sinkhole inside the deep jungle, an upstream branch of Dos Ojos System.
- With 391 ft/119 m is the deepest cenote in the State of Quintana Roo and his crystal waters offers unique landscapes.
- Suitable for EXPERIENCED DIVERS, this tour bring you for 2 dives in two cenote with very different morphological characteristics.
- The PIT, is a deep cenote, where the direct access of the sun’s rays on the surface of the water causes the spectacular play of light that make these caves unique.
- The Pit experience is a multilevel dive starting with a straight descent till around 30 m/100 ft where the sun rays crash with an hydrogen sulfate cloud.
- A quick look below this layer to search for fossils before ascending progressively by making circles around the gigantic cylinder.
- In the shallower area you will see black lines on the wall showing the variation of the water level through the ice ages and you can admire a beautifully decorated ceiling with white thin formations.
- Completely different scenery offered by the second dive in the cenote DOS OJOS.
- A shallow cavern (partially connected with the external light), where you’ll dive around stalactite and stalagmite, observing fossil and geological structures, floating through the rain of light.
Note: If you’re staying at Sandos Caracol or Playacar, you must pay a fee of 350 pesos concept of boarding fee and transportation.
NOTE: The tour is made with a minimum of 2 divers: in case you’re alone there is an extra charge of 850 pesos
Make your cenote experience indelible! Contact our center for a personalized photo shoot!
The play of light and natural structures make the Cenote the perfect places to have unique underwater images !!
- 15 years old
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or qualifying certification from another training organization
Meeting time at Scuba Libre shop locate on the 4th street between the 5th avenue and the beach at 8.00
NOTE: for the guest staying at the Sandos Caracol or Playacar the meeting time will be at 8.00 at Scuba libre dive center of the respective hotel
- Entrance fee
- Light lunch and drinks
- Diving equipment
- Transfer from and to the hotel
- If you’re staying at Sandos Caracol or Playacar, you must pay a fee of 350 pesos concept of boarding fee and transportation
- NOTE: The tour is made with a minimum of 2 divers: in case you’re alone there is an extra charge of 850 pesos