If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience an underwater adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts.
- Person Ages 15+
Live the best adventure of your life
- Cenotes provide some of the most amazing diving experiences in the world.
- Glide through the caverns enjoying endless visibility, other-worldly views of stalactites and stalagmites, beams of light filtering through the jungle above and rock formations beyond your imagination.
- Cenotes are surface connections to subterranean water bodies… Thousands of years ago underwater caves started to collapse and gateways to the river system were opened creating sinkholes called Cenotes.
- The word “Cenote” comes from the Mayan term “D’zonot”, which represents a subterranean cavity that contains permanent water.
- The Mayan people considered the Cenotes as the entrance to their mythical and spiritual underworld and also the Cenote were their only fresh water source in the middle of the jungle.
- On this tour, you’ll visit these amazing Systems.
- You’ll depart from the dive center by car to head to a famous Cenote like Chikin-ha or Chac-Mool.
- Passing through the dense Mayan jungle, you will make your way to the first cavern; a detailed briefing by a specialized guide will explain you the rules and procedures to master during the dive rather then the features of the structures that adorned the walls of the the of the cavern.
- Diving through this wonderland of stalactites, stalagmites, large caverns and light shows you are guaranteed an experience of a lifetime.
- After an interval surface during which to have a light lunch and have a soft drink, you’ll enjoy a second different cavern and you then back to Playa del Carmen at around 3.30 pm.
- Due to excellent conditions, shallow depth, endless visibility, spacious caverns and no current, the Cenote dives are fit for all levels of certified divers.
- A maximum of four divers per guide are allowed, to provide you a better and safe experience!!
Note: If you’re staying at Sandos Caracol or Playacar, you must pay a fee of 15 usd per exit concept of boarding fee and transportation.
- 15 years old
- PADI Open Water Diver or qualifying certification from another training organization
Meeting time at Scuba Libre shop locate on the 4th street between the 5th avenue and the beach at 8.00
NOTE: for the guest staying at the Sandos Caracol or Playacar the meeting time will be at 8.00 at Scuba libre dive center of the respective hotel
- 1 entrance fee
- Light lunch and drinks
- Second extra fee entrance in case you’ll dive two different Cenote System (the fee vary depending which Cenote)
- Diving equipment
- Transfer from and to the hotel.
- If you’re staying at Sandos Caracol or Playacar, you must pay a fee of 15 usd per exit concept of boarding fee and transportation.