During this tour you’ll visit two incredible islands of the Mexican Caribbean, Isla Contoy and Isla Mujeres. These are two heavenly islands that you cannot miss during your visit to Cancun or the Riviera Maya. Pure Natural Paradise!!
Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve Boat Tour
- Adult 12 years and up
- Child Under 12 years old
An incredible day full of nature
- Come to explore the beauty of nature in the biosphere of Sian ka’an!!
Sian Ka’an is home to thousands of species of flora and fauna, which is why the region became a designated Biosphere Reserve in 1986. A year later, Sian Ka’an was declared a World Heritage Site by the UNESCO and it remains the largest protected area in the Mexican Caribbean.
- After reaching by van the boarding pier at the entrance of the reserve, we will board on small boats and drive through the lagoon; through the mangroves we’ll have the chance to observe the endemic fauna like manatees, crocodiles, turtles, dolphins, migratory birds, among others without number of species that live or immigrate in the place.
- A quick snack and a some water in Punta Allen before boarding and moving to the beautiful Caribbean Sea: we will snorkel in one of the best preserved reefs of the Mexican Caribbean to have the chance to swim with a great variety of fishes and observe multicolored corals.
- A buffet lunch in the fishing village of Punta Allen will allow us to taste the local gastronomy and appreciate the quiet life of the small community that lives at the seaside.
- Before heading back to the hotels we’ll go to an incredible sandbar called “La Piscina”, where you will be dazzled by the clarity of the water and the low tide at this point.
We pick up customers from all the hotels on the Mayan Riviera from North Cancun till Tulum starting from two and half hours before the trip departure depending of the location of guest’s hotel/accommodation. The pick up time will be provided after the reservation by email.
- Biodegradable sunblock, (a bio option is a long sleeves T-shirt)
- Extra set of dry clothes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Extra money for photos and souvenirs
- Certified guide in the selected language
- Transportation with AC
- Boat tour in lagoon /sea
- Bottles of water and Snacks
- Snack – water – Buffet lunch
- Sian Ka’an Biosphere Tax 13 USD or 260 pesos cash