If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience an underwater adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts.
PADI Emergency First Response
- Person Ages 15+
Your most professional diving first aid course
- Open to divers and non-divers, the Emergency First Response training focuses on building confidence in lay rescuers and increasing their willingness to respond when faced with a medical emergency. Course participants learn simple to follow steps for emergency care and practice applying skills in a non-stressful learning environment. In 2 days, supported by self-study manuals and videos, you’ll through EFR courses that will teach you the basic skills you need to perform the Primary and Secondary care and Care for children with CPR & AED (automated external defibrillator) (optional).
- The EFR Courses are based on internationally recognized medical guidelines for emergency care:
- Primary Care (CPR) – You’ll learn the steps and techniques for handling life-threatening emergencies. You’ll practice eight skills for aiding patients who aren’t breathing, have no heartbeat, may have a spinal injury, may be in shock or who may have serious bleeding. You’ll learn to how to perform CPR and continue to monitor the patient, so that you provide every possible chance of survival while waiting for emergency medical services to arrive.
- Secondary Care (First Aid) – Because many medical conditions are not life-threatening and emergency medical services are sometimes delayed or unavailable, this part teaches you how to provide first aid that eases pain and reduces the risk of further harm.
Care for Children – You’ll learn, practice and apply emergency care skills specific to helping infants and children with medical emergencies. It’s designed for those who work with children or are likely to have to respond to emergencies involving youngsters.
- CPR & AED – Focuses on CPR training and teaching participants how to use an AED (automated external defibrillator). When workplace or governmental requirements specify this training, the CPR & AED course meets the need
This course is often integrated with Primary Care (CPR) and Secondary Care (First Aid) courses.
- BLS (Basic Life Support)/CPR and rescue breathing at the lay person level/Preventing and caring for shock/Spinal injury management/Use of barriers to reduce disease transmission risk/Basic first aid and first aid kit considerations/AED (automated external defibrillator) use (optional).
Meeting time at Scuba Libre shop locate on the 4th street between the 5th avenue and the beach at 8.00.
NOTE: for the guest staying at the Sandos Caracol or Playacar the meeting time will be at 8.00 at the Scuba Libre dive center of the respective hotel
- PADI EFR Primary and Secondary care Manual, certification
- Barrieres and all the material needed in the simulations
- Transfer from/to the hotel