If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience an underwater adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts.
PADI Side Mount Diver Specialty Course
- Person Ages 15+
Become a side mount diver
- Side Mount diving is the approach towards conducting dives with 2 or more primary cylinders secured at the side of the body and in line with the torso – with no cylinders on the diver’s back.
- Having scuba tanks on your back isn’t a requirement for exploring the underwater world, but Side mount diving gives you flexibility and streamlining options. Plus, you don’t have to walk with heavy cylinders on your back – just enter the water, clip them on and go.
- You need to be a PADI Open Water Diver who is at least 15 years old, you can enroll in a PADI Side mount Diver course.
- Along with learning about the many benefits of diving with a side mount configuration, during one confined water and three open water scuba dives you’ll learn how to:
• Properly assemble and configure side mount scuba diving equipment.
• Trim your weight system and side mount gear so you’re perfectly balanced in the water.
• Manage gas by switching second stages as planned, if wearing two cylinders.
• Respond correctly to potential problems when side mount diving.
Note: If you’re staying at Sandos Caracol or Playacar, you must pay a fee of 15 usd per exit concept of boarding fee and transportation.
- 15 years old
- PADI Open Water Diver or equivalent certification from another recognize training organization
Meeting time at Scuba Libre shop locate on the 4th street between the 5th avenue and the beach at 8.00
NOTE: for the guest staying at the Sandos Caracol or Playacar the meeting time will be at 8.00 at the Scuba Libre dive center of the respective hotel
- PADI Side Mount and Tec Side Mount diver manual
- Side mount tanks
- Cenotes fee entrance
- Transportation from the dive shop to the cenote round trip
- Soft lunch
- Soft drinks and water
- Transfer from/to the hotel
- Side mount equipment
- If you’re staying at Sandos Caracol or Playacar, you must pay a fee of 15 usd per exit concept of boarding fee and transportation.