The PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty course improves the buoyancy skills you learned as a new diver and elevates them to the next level
PADI Side Mount Diver Specialty Course
- Person Ages 15+
Become a side mount diver
Side Mount diving is the approach towards conducting dives with 2 or more primary cylinders secured at the side of the body and in line with the torso – with no cylinders on the diver’s back.
Having scuba tanks on your back isn’t a requirement for exploring the underwater world, but Side mount diving gives you flexibility and streamlining options. Plus, you don’t have to walk with heavy cylinders on your back – just enter the water, clip them on and go.
You need to be a PADI Open Water Diver who is at least 15 years old, you can enroll in a PADI Side mount Diver course.
- Along with learning about the many benefits of diving with a side mount configuration, during one confined water and three open water scuba dives you’ll learn how to:
• Properly assemble and configure side mount scuba diving equipment.
• Trim your weight system and side mount gear so you’re perfectly balanced in the water.
• Manage gas by switching second stages as planned, if wearing two cylinders.
• Respond correctly to potential problems when side mount diving.
Note: If you’re staying at Sandos Caracol or Playacar, you must pay a fee of 40 usd concept of boarding fee and transportation.
- 15 years old
- PADI Open Water Diver or equivalent certification from another recognize training organization
- Meeting time at Scuba Libre shop locate on the 4th street between the 5th avenue and the beach at 8.00
- NOTE: for the guest staying at the Sandos Caracol or Playacar the meeting time will be at 8.00 at the Scuba Libre dive center of the respective hotel
- PADI Side Mount and Tec Side Mount diver Digital Manual
- 4 dives
- Side mount tanks
- Cenotes fee entrance
- Transportation from the dive shop to the cenote round trip
- Soft lunch
- Soft drinks and water
- Transfer from/to the hotel
- Side mount equipment
- If you’re staying at Sandos Caracol or Playacar, you must pay a fee of 40 usd concept of boarding fee and transportation.