Suitable ONLY for EXPERIENCED DIVERS, the tour offers 2 dives; Angelita is the first deep multilevel dive starting with a straight descent in a surreal landscape till around 30 m/100 ft where the layer start… as passing through it the light disappear and the diving lamp becomes necessary…
Diving Cenote Zapote And Maravilla
- Person Ages 15+
Get into a surreal world
- Cenote ZAPOTE is located on the “Ruta de los Cenotes” the old road from Puerto Morelos to Valladolid and must be the world’s weirdest dive site.
- Suitable ONLY for EXPERIENCED ADVANCED DIVERS the tour provide 2 dives.
- The first in the CENOTE ZAPOTE is a deep dive that will show you landscapes and structures out of the ordinary.
- From the surface this enticing sinkhole loaded with crystal clear water and lush plants, reveals nothing of the mind-blowing formations called Hell’s Bells found within.
- The underwater cavern of Cenote Zapote is much bigger than you might believe from the surface. The entrance shaft pinches in at 21 m before ballooning out into a spectacular room that undercuts the rock. An incredible decoration of stalactites up to two meters long, open conically, are hollow and have round, elliptical or horseshoe-shaped cross-sections. Unique underwater structures that the scientists are still studying.
- The second dive will be in the CENOTE MARAVILLA: it is an almost classically-shaped example of the sinkholes you will find on the Yucatan Peninsula.
- Known for its rock formations of bell-shaped stalactites, for one of the most impressive light shows offered by the cenote and for the thickness of the hydrogen sulfide cloud layer.
Note: The tour is made with a minimum of 2 divers: in case you’re alone there is an extra charge of 850 pesos
Note: If you’re staying at Sandos Caracol or Playacar, you must pay a fee of 350 pesos concept of boarding fee and transportation.
Make your cenote experience indelible! Contact our center for a personalized photo shoot!
The play of light and natural structures make the Cenote the perfect places to have unique underwater images !!
- 15 years old
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or qualifying certification from another training organization
Meeting time at Scuba Libre shop locate on the 4th street between the 5th avenue and the beach at 8.00
NOTE: for the guest staying at the Sandos Caracol or Playacar the meeting time will be at 8.00 at Scuba libre dive center of the respective hotel
- Transportation from the dive center to the cenote round trip
- Entrance fee
- Light lunch and drinks
- Diving equipment
- Transfer from the dive center to the hotel
- Note: If you’re staying at Sandos Caracol or Playacar, you must pay a fee of 350 pesos concept of boarding fee and transportation
- Note: The tour is made with a minimum of 2 divers: in case you’re alone there is an extra charge of 850 pesos