Come to explore the beauty of nature in the biosphere of Sian ka’an!!
Whale Shark Snorkeling
- Adult 12 years and up
- Child Under 12 years old
A lifetime experience!! Swim with the biggest fish in the world!
- The whale shark (Rhincodon typus) is a slow-moving filter-feeding carpet shark and the largest known extant fish species and inhabits all tropical and warm-temperate seas.
- The Whale Shark migrates each year and between June and September is in the Mexican Caribbean area.
- It can reach the size of a bus and feeds only on plankton that is filtered through its large mouth. In spite of its imposing size, it is totally harmless and gentle. That’s why swimming beside it will be something unforgettable.
- The Whale Shark snorkeling tour starts at the meeting point in Cancun approx. at 8.00 a.m. with a light continental breakfast in a private and luxury Marina; we board on a 10 m fast boat with 2 outboard engines to sail toward the Whale Sharks Area.
- Not more than 10 guests for each boat accompanied by our Captain, Sailor and certified guide in the selected language.
- Whale Sharks sighting 100% guaranteed!!
- At the end of the encounter with the Whale Shark, we will set out for the beautiful Isla Mujeres beaches, where we will enjoy a light lunch, relax and prepare to sail back to the coast and board the transportations that will bring us back to the hotels.
NOTE: Marine park and biosphere tax 13 usd or 260 pesos cash
We pick up customers from all the hotels on the Mayan Riviera from North Cancun till Tulum starting from two and half hours before the trip departure depending of the location of guest’s hotel/accommodation. The pick up will be at the lobby of your hotel and the pick up time will be provided after the reservation by email.
- Biodegradable sunblock, (a bio option is a long sleeves T-shirt)
- Extra set of dry clothes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Extra money for photos and souvenirs
- Certified guide in the selected language
- Transportation with AC
- Whale shark Sighting* (Ask about regulations according to environmental management plan)
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Continental breakfast
- Private marina with access to bathrooms, pool and showers
- Light lunch (sandwich / ceviche / vegetarian option)
- Full snorkeling gear and life vest
- Marine park and biosphere tax 13 usd or 260 pesos cash